Help the Rohingya
The Humanity Projects strives to not only help families within our local communities but also abroad. Project Rohingya is a way for us to give back to one of the most persecuted communities in the entire world. More than 750,000 of of our Rohingya brothers and sisters have been forced to flee there homes in Burma due to on-going persecution they have been subject to in there home country. The Rohingya living in refugee camps are struggling from isolation, illiteracy, food deprivations, and lack of basic medical needs.
The Humanity Projects will be on the ground supplying 2 months worth of medicine to 5 refugee camp clinics and will have 5 water wells built in the heart of the refugee camps. Pictures will be posted soon after the work is completed during the week of January 15, 2018.
This trip was completed at the end of January. Here is a list of accomplishments from our team:
- Built 33 new shelters to house new Rohingya Families
- Distributed warm clothes for 4,000 children
- Initiated construction on 10 Water wells (These will be completed in the coming weeks)
- Served hot meals for over 100 families
- Provided Medical care and Medicine for over 7,500 refugees
- Supported construction of a new clinic in the Refugee camp
Additional details and photos will be posted shortly.